PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
We currently have an opening for a PROCESS CONTROL/SOFTWARE ENGINEER in the Process Control Division.
As an integral part of this highly skilled, innovative team, you will play a significant role in providing critical services to our production operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, testing and support of process control automation systems.
* Responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and enhancing process control hardware and software solutions in a heavy industrial environment.
* The applicant will support production hardware and software applications, SCADA systems, Graphical HMI applications and LAN communications.
* The applicant will be knowledgeable in industrial plant process control systems, including programming and technical support
* Analysing short and long-term hardware, software, equipment, and instrumentation requirements and providing appropriate and cost-effective technical solutions
* Providing oral and written communication interfaces with departmental management, operations management, operating crews, control system support personnel, system support personnel and others
* Providing process control support for a 24x7 industrial environment
* Support the critical steel making operations by ensuring that process control systems are highly available and error resistant
* Identify, participate in, and/or lead high impact process control projects that result in improvements to safety, quality, production yield and/or financial benefits
* Work closely with the operations teams to understand requirements and identify improvement opportunities; translate into project or minor enhancement specifications, complete with work estimates and forecasted benefits.
* Screen design, report development/maintenance, web page development
* Support production Servers, applications, SCADA, and server network communications
* Experience programming in C, Java, or C#
* Experience in a manufacturing environment desired
* Experience in operating systems, software design, programming concepts
* Experience desired in process control systems with a mix of Windows and Linux operating systems; Oracle and MS SQL Server databases; and OSISofts PI data historian
NOTES ON POSITION:
* At least 1 year of experience in Java or programming required
* Bachelors degree required
* 1-2 years experience
* Will also consider more senior candidates
* Manufacturing background or exposure to a manufacturing environment
* Able to work in a team environment
* Experience with Fortran preferred
* Must have excellent communication skills