EMCORE Corporation designs and manufactures Indium Phosphide (InP) optical chips, components, subsystems and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. EMCORE was the pioneer in linear fiber optic transmission technology, and today is a leader in optical components, as well as a provider of complete end-to-end solutions for high-speed communications network infrastructures, enabling systems and service providers to meet growing demand for bandwidth and connectivity. EMCORE s advanced optical technologies are designed for cable television (CATV) and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks, telecommunications and data centers, satellite communications, aerospace and defense, wireless networks, and broadcast and professional audio/video systems. With its world-class InP semiconductor wafer fabrication facility, EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability and also provides contract design, foundry and component packaging services. EMCORE is headquartered in Alhambra, California, USA with InP wafer fabrication operations in Alhambra, and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing in Alhambra and Beijing, China. For further information, please visit http://www.emcore.com.
EMCORE Corporation is seeking a Sharepoint Application Support Engineer.
SharePoint Application Support candidate will manage the design, development, and implementation of Microsoft SharePoint-based solutions. Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to analyze requirements and participate in strategic design and architectural decisions. Provide subject matter expertise in Microsoft SharePoint Online product capabilities, customization, and development initiatives and activities. Lead the creation, design, and application of SharePoint implementations and custom solutions. Perform interface modifications to SharePoint and third-party utilities and tools. Lead content migrations, workflow development, solutions deployments, and process management work streams.
This ideal candidate will be a self-starter with good interpersonal and communication skills. This role requires a passionate commitment to excellence in customer service. Our motto is Exception Service, No Exceptions .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Offshore vendor management.
* Assist in the creation of prototypes, POCs, presentations, collateral, etc.
* Develop and implement a variety of SharePoint / SharePoint Online centric solutions.
* Monitoring and management of patching requirements for the SharePoint Farm
* Provide technical support for legacy SharePoint migration initiatives
* Providing support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes
* Bachelor s Degree or combination of Education and Experience
* At least 2 years of experience with SharePoint and Microsoft products
* Experience in designing, developing, and administering business collaboration software such as Microsoft SharePoint, including recent experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online (SPO)
* Experience supporting SharePoint applications with Visual Studio and C#
* Experience using SharePoint Patterns and Practices
* Experience using SharePoint Object Models (CSOM, JSOM, and SSOM)
* Experience using SharePoint Online Designer tool
* Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
* Experience with custom Web Parts, event handlers, features, site definitions, package solutions and custom Apps.
* Hands on experience of SQL, IIS, Windows Server as well as storage, network and server technologies related to SharePoint
* Configuration and troubleshooting experience with SharePoint search technologies
* Design and implementation experience within SharePoint Online (Office 365)
* Knowledge of SharePoint APIs and solution implementation best practices
Due to the nature of the products, candidates must be US Persons.
EMCORE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
EMCORE Corporation is a leading provider of advanced Mixed-Signal Optics products that provide the foundation for today’s high-speed communication network infrastructures and leading-edge defense systems. Our optical chips, components, subsystems and systems enable broadband and wireless providers to continually enhance their network capacity, speed and coverage to advance the free flow of information that empowers the lives of millions of people daily. The Mixed-Signal Optics technology at the heart of our broadband transmission products is shared with our fiber optic gyros and military communications links to provide the aerospace and defense markets state-of-the-art systems that keep us safe in an increasingly unpredictable world. EMCORE’s performance-leading optical components and systems serve a broad array of applications including cable television, fiber-to-the-premise networks, telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, satellite RF fiber links, navigation systems and military communications. EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability through its world-class Indium Phosphide (InP) wafer fabrication facility at our headquarters in Alhambra, California and is ISO 9001 certified in Alhambra, and at our facilities in Warminster, Pennsylvania and China.