ETL Developer Job in Rochester, NY:
The ETL Developer responsibilities include designing and creating the data warehouse and all related extraction, transformation and load of data functions in the company. This means that the ETL Developer needs to be able to read, analyze and digest what a business wants to accomplish with its data, and design the best possible ETL process around those goals.
Candidates must have an advanced knowledge of SQL Server, SSIS Catalog, SSIS, T-SQL, and some data modeling experience. Database designs take on many forms, including dimension models and data vault models. The ETL Developer will work in a team with other ETL, BI and Database developers.
Responsibilities of the ETL Developer Job in Rochester, NY:
• Translate business requirements into technical code
• Design and implement scalable and appropriately normalized models depending on the database layer
• Understand the various layers of the data warehouse and how data flows between them
• Design and develop scalable and dynamic ETL code using SSIS/T-SQL that requires little overhead with the passing of time
• Develop stored procedures that reflect business rules and properly handling transaction committing failures
• Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL code in order to deploy the most performant code
• Mindful of data quality and timeliness of data availability in the data warehouse
• Work with other ETL, BI and Database developers to deliver the business the requested data warehouse solutions
Required Skills and Experience of the ETL Developer Job in Rochester, NY:
• Proficiency with SQL Server, T-SQL and writing stored procedures
• Proficiency with SSIS and the SSIS Catalog
• Experience with Master Data and Data Quality services
• Experience in identification of data quality
• Dimensional modeling experience
• Data Vault modeling experience
• Experience designing and building complete ETL/SSIS processes moving and transforming data for ODS, PSA, Staging, and Data Warehousing including Data Marts and Data Vaults
• Some knowledge of C#, PowerShell for scripting is a plus
• Proficient in how to deploy to and debug a production SSIS environment
• Exceptional problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Strong technical documentation skills
• Excellent business acumen
• Self-motivated and directed, with good attention to detail
Required Education and/or Credentials:
• BE or BS degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience as a ETL Developer with strong understanding of data warehousing architectures, theories, principles, and practices.
• 3-5 years of experience with SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS
• Some scripting experience using C# and PowerShell preferred
For more information or to be considered for the ETL Developer Job in Rochester, NY please apply to this posting.